Every day (almost), direct to your inbox, an immaculately-sourced short poem or poem-like thing by the best writers in the galaxy.
From ancient to contemporary, traditional to postmodern, no form or genre excluded.
No advertising. No commentary. No tracking.
- Every piece shared is classified as a poem because I say so (I’m looking at you, flash fiction and prose poems)
- Every poem is chosen because it resonates with me, not because it is necessarily a poem for the ages
- Every poem independently sourced and verified
- Every author linked to the author’s page, Wikipedia entry, or other useful site
- Every poem linked to the source as precisely as possible
- Every poem dated as precisely as possible
- All links future proofed using URL reflector
- Did I say no advertising, no commentary, and no tracking?
Just some of the poets you will see in the newsletter:
Stephen Danos, Andrea Cohen, Pierre Reverdy, Beth Ann Fennelly, Jill Osier, Robert Creeley, Carla Sarett, Hugh Behm-Steinberg, Rosalie Moffett, Adelaide Crapsey, Sappho, Gertrude Stein, Matthew Zapruder, Frank Stanford, Ron Koertge, Jerah Chadwick, Carl Sandburg, Yu Xiuhua, Ted Kooser, Tomas Tranströmer, Peter Munro, Christopher Lee Miles, Mark Weiss, Sara Eliza Johnson, Virginia Smith Rice, Susan Fromberg Schaeffer, Cornelius Eady, Chloe Honum, David Graham, Louise Glück, Amy Gerstler, Lisa Russ Spaar, Brendan Galvin, James Wright, Lisa Hosokawa Garber, Linda Pastan, Anthony Hecht, Philip Larkin, John Morgan, Peggy Shumaker, Weldon Kees, John Berryman, Tim Nolan, CAConrad, Donna Masini, Gerald Stern, Marjorie Hawksworth, Charles Simic, Bruce Boston, Raymond Carver, and more…